Monday, April 9, 2012

A Moment of Thanks

I am amazed when I log onto our blog to realize that I haven't written anything since January. I think of it often but have a difficult time making myself sit down and put my feelings onto the screen. Tonight I am sitting down to offer my gratitude to many of my friends and family.

As the time of our travel draws closer (hopefully), Travis and I had began to let ourselves worry some about the expenses that have been adding up as we wait for our little boy. The travel expenses alone will take quite a sum, not to mention the time after he arrives that I will be unable to work. Travis has always been my rock when it came to financial worries, he has a way of just being able to trust God with everything no matter what. One night after a long talk about all that was going on in our lives he admitted to me that he was very worried about us financially if our account was drained with travel expenses. My first reaction was to laugh, really, now you are concerned? His concerns though were heartfelt as he wanted to make sure his family had more than enough when our son was finally home.

It was a few weeks after this conversation that God proved himself to be more than enough for us. When it came time for our yard sale we had a garage filled with donated items. Items that people had given us to sell to help our cause, some large some small but all very important. After our yard sale was over we were amazed to find out we had made well over $600. But that was just part of the story. We have been mailed checks, given cash donations all along our journey. Every time we have began to waver God has shown up through many of you. I assure you that the donations, the cards, the thoughts, the prayers have been incredible and greatly noticed!

When we began this journey almost 2 years ago one of our greatest fears was finances, like we said in one of our first post, we had no idea how we would pay for this adoption. We didn't have to know, all we had to do is trust the one "who owns the cattle on a thousand hills" (Psalms 50:10) and who, "cares for us," ( 1 Peter 5:7).

Right now we continue to wait. Since our last blog post we have received a new set of pictures of our son, we have received all of our travel information, and we have sent a letter and new pictures to Korea. We have absolutely no idea when we will travel to get our son, we could get the call tomorrow or in 6 months. We have been told that we will not know until our agency is told he is ready.  When we get the call we have 2 weeks to travel. We are trying to be ready for anything, which proves very difficult at times. All of our plans are contingent on our traveling to Korea. Please continue to pray for us, for our son and for peace in the circumstance. Some days are very hard.  Like many of you have said, "What is taking so long? If he has a family then why do you both have to wait?' I don't know the answer to those questions but I know the God who does and I know that He has proven Himself very trustworthy so far.

Thanks so much to all of you, I can't wait to share this story of God's love and provision to our son. You have all been a part in building our Forever Family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.