She is here! She is HERE!
For those of you who may not have heard our little Lydia Jayne is here! I was woken up at about 3 am Wednesday morning with a text from our birth mother that she was in the hospital and they were waiting to see if they were going to keep her. I went and told Travis and he immediately said good and went back to sleep. I on the other hand, showered, got dressed, packed, prayed, planned, etc. I thought we would hear quickly if she was in labor. Well I thought wrong, the next message I got was 4 hours later telling us they were giving her medicine to speed up contractions. I explained to Travis that meant go time! In the mean time we had taken Anna to school (yes Travis woke up) and began reloading the car. Remember that we just took this trip on Monday. When Papaw arrived to get Isaac we were headed out. The whole time in the back of our minds we were hoping we don't have to turn around again!
It took several hours to get in contact with our lawyer and no text messages were sent from our birth mother. We were in limbo but in route. Our lawyer called us back and he had no idea she was in labor. She had only texted us and said he was going to check on her progress and would call us or text us back. At a little after 10 am after just crossing into Missouri we got a message from our lawyer that she had just delivered our Baby Girl. He must have arrived in the hospital just as or right after it happened. After several minutes he sent us a picture, there she was 7 lb., 11 oz, 20 inches of 100% miracle! We soon heard from our birth mother, she replied to our other messages with sorry I didn't respond I was in a lot of pain. Her and I laughed about that message later. So she was here, but we were not there, we were still a good 6 hours away! We drove slow and safe the whole rest of the way...well... we did go on one road worth telling you about. I thought we were going to die there! It was 30+ miles of the most windy, hilly roads you have ever been on with no cell phone service, no GPS and very few inhabitants. We will never travel that road again! The trip went well aside from that and we arrived about 9 hours from when we started.
All the way there I anticipated how I would feel in that moment when I first saw our daughter. Upon arrival I was more anxious that emotional. Anxious about finally meeting our Lydia's birth mom, anxious about all the changes and worries that go along with having a newborn. It was mixed emotions as we walked into that room, our birth mom was holding Lydia and immediately gave her to me when we walked in the door. She willingly gave her over and celebrated with us as we sat and visited with her and the father for several hours. I will never be able to explain those moments to you, and I will never be able to explain the bond between two mothers with a crazy love for one little girl!
I will be honest, the bond wasn't immediate with Lydia like it was Isaac, I think it had all happened too fast for my mind to comprehend. They gave Travis and I a room in the hospital and we were able to take Lydia with us to the room for the night. It was during that night of feedings and diaper changes that the bond started to form. She was our little girl! I cherished those moments in the wee hours of the morning when you are so sleepy you can hardly keep your eyes open and she looks up at me with those eyes (peepers is what we call them) and I tell her how much she is loved!
We discharged from the hospital the next day around 12 pm after spending more time with the birth parents and allowing them to say their short term goodbyes (we will be getting together with them again before we leave). Since then we have been hanging out in the hotel, Travis has been the errand boy, making trips to the car, to Wal-Mart, to restaurants etc. And Lydia and I are just hanging out, getting to know and love each other. Sharing night time stories and pillow talk when I know I need to be asleep.
Anna, Isaac, Mamaw and Poppy Ronnie are on their way here now. I cannot wait to have all 3 of my children together for the first time. I will cherish all of these moments, it is amazing how God has gotten us here! We are truly blessed beyond comprehension. Thanks for the continued prayers. I have no doubt that because of those prayers we will be able to head home much earlier than anticipated. We have a court date set for Tuesday morning! See you all very soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.