Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Our Amazing Race

It started around 15 years ago I guess, more of a spark somewhere deep inside. Like a distant calling as a young girl dreams of her future. You know the time, when you sit down with a journal and plan out what your life will be like five, ten, fifteen years from now. Married by 23, 1st. child by 25 either biological or adopted. Just the dreams of a 15 year old girl, passing dreams but certainly a spark.


I can't remember when it started exactly, the desire to adopt, it has really always been there for me.  I found that life journal with only my life plans written in it just a few weeks ago. Reassurance from God that I am following His lead, his spark.


That is where Our Amazing Race began.  Why "The Amazing Race" you ask? Named from our favorite T.V. show. It has been a dream of Travis' for us to go on the show together since it's beginning. Over time I have convinced him that this show may not be the best idea for us, considering the time away from Anna, the arguments caused by the frantic pace, and the fact that I am not much the dare devil that he says that he is. All of that said, the grand prize of a million dollars would sure be nice.


Travis, in the time since we married, has placed his sites on another dream - the dream of adoption. That is why I am starting this blog, to journal Our Amazing Race to South Korea to adopt a child. We have chosen our destination with much prayer and consideration. Our journey ahead will be one of sacrifice, perseverance and hope. Trusting in God we seek the prize of bringing into our home the child that God chose for us long, long ago. We ask for your prayers as we find ourselves in uncharted waters, up to our necks in paperwork and financial concerns. I will be keeping you posted on the process as best I can with spelling errors, run on sentences and missed punctuation.  My hope is that through this blog I can share my heart with all of you and one day share these entries with our children. On your mark, get set, go...Our Amazing Race has just begun.


Philippians 3:14
I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

6 comments:

  1. Praying for you in the process. We love you guys and can't wait to see what God has in store for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I had no idea. Will be praying for you 4!
    -coogle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to meet the new addition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited for you guys! We'll be praying for a smooth and incredible journey and let us know if you need anything! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is going to be awsome and scary too. It is so good to know you are on track with your life, with the help of God.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.